Sunday 15 September 2013

Birchbox September 2013

This was my first ever Birchbox. I've been umming and ahhing for over a year whether it was really worth it but I had a sudden rush of blood to the head one day a couple of weeks ago and just ordered it.
It's only £10 (plus p&p) but having been an avid reader and YouTube viewer of Birchbox/Glossybox monthly reviews I know how hit and miss they can be. And frankly both companies seem to use a hefty chunk of artistic license with their approach to what can be deemed a 'high end' product.
I was unashamedly excited about my Birchbox arriving yesterday and tore into it within 2 seconds flat. In fact when our apartment buzzer went I did a little SQUEEEE because I knew what it'd be. 


This month is London Fashion Week, so Birchbox have gone with the theme 'backstage to real life', with 5 products + 1 extra.

These are the products I got in my box:


 Reverence de Bastien Nail Lacquer (£16)
I received shade No 2, which is a vibrant scarlet red shade.  I love the colour and I've had it on my nails since yesterday with no chipping so far! It's super glossy and aside from the nasty cheap plastic lid to the polish, it does feel really luxurious.  £16 seems a tad excessive for nail polish and it isn't something I'd have bought so it's really nice to get it in a beauty box!



Bioderma Sensibio H20 (£9.99)
This is only a 20ml bottle of Bioderma, which i'll probably save for when I'm next away for the weekend. I have a big bottle of Bioderma which I use from time to time, but it's never been something that's wheedled its way into everyday usage because I'm not convinced it's the most effective thing at removing eye make up.  It's ok though and it doesn't irritate my skin so I'll definitely use it.  I'd have liked a slightly bigger sample though, 20ml is a wee bit stingy!

ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick (£15.50 for set of 3)
I love lip products so this was probably the product I was most excited to see in this box. It's a perfect nude pink shade and it's really moisturising - really like it so far!


Aromatherapy Associates Revive Body Gel (£31)
This is a gel to even out skin, tone and improve circulation.  Again at £31 for the full size there's no way I would ever have acquired this otherwise, but I will give it a good test! It smells amazing, too.

Molton Brown Ylang-Ylang Nourishing Body Lotion (£18)
I love a mooch around Molton Brown but I never end up buying anything.  I'd actually be tempted to buy this now because it smells wonderful and it soaks into my skin so quickly leaving a scent for ages. The sample is 30ml, and I think I'll save the rest for my toiletry bag.

Random Lifestyle Extra:
Green & Black's White Chocolate (£2.29)
Presumably this was there in relation to needing to keep your energy up during fashion week?  It was yummy and was gratefully consumed immediately.

What do you think of this month's box? 


Suzy
xx
 

5 comments:

  1. There definitely seems to be some fab goodies in the box this month. I've managed to avoid signing up to any of the beauty boxes going round as I just think I'd rather spend that cash each month on something I pick myself but I can't deny I'm often envious of the goodies everyone else is trying.

    Victoria

    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know what you mean, I couldn't decide for ages if it was worth it for this reason. I guess you'd be limited to what you could buy for £13 a month compared to all the random things you get to try with a beauty box. There's always gonna be off months tho where you'd be better of with one product you've chosen! I quite like the Christmas-like novelty of getting a parcel that you have no idea of the contents of!x

      Delete
  2. Wow,so good products...I like your pretty blog.
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I see this box the more I want it xx

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's available with a discount code for £5 inc p&p this month - might be worth a look :)

      Delete